Welcome to the monthly bulletin from SfYC.
Every month we will send you a bulletin full of links to useful information and updates. Please check during the month for more urgent news and updates.
- Ofsted Updates
January 2013 latest updates
- Outreach Referral Process
In consultation with our Early Years Outreach providers, we have taken the decision to update the outreach referral process
- 2 Year Old Offer
Information on the 2 Year Old Offer
- Information on National Support available to local providers developing places for two year olds
- Foundation Degree at University of Winchester – September 2013
Open evening information
- Early Years Education Funding 2013/2014 (2, 3 and 4 year olds)
The Partnership Advisory Group (PAG) has been working with Services for Young Children to set out recommendations to School Forum on how Department for Education budget allocations for the financial year 13/14 should be implemented. Click for further details.
- Nutbrown Review
The long awaited response from the government on the Nutbrown Review was published on 29 January. This link will take you to the document. Please read it, the proposals outlined will have an impact on all early years settings.
- Deployment of Staff within Early Years Settings
The government has launched a public consultation on deployment of staff within early years settings. This is the link to the consultation document:
- Environment Rating Scales – Quality improvement training and tools which evaluate centre-based provision for children birth to 30 months (Infant Toddler Environment Rating Scales) and children aged 30 months to 5 years (Early Childhood Environment Scales)
The ITERS and ECERS training programme provides an in depth focus on quality whilst supporting self evaluation and practice improvements.
- Healthy Lifestyle for Parents and Families
Change4Life and local Hampshire supporters
- Climate Week
4-10 March, get involved: http://www.climateweek.com/
- Fareham Area Disability Forum ‘Great Big Advice Day’
25 February – The Childcare and Family Information Team will be attending to provide information for families including help with childcare costs and services. Click for further information.
- National Talking Newspapers & Magazines
Hampshire Libraries this month launched a brand new magazine and newspaper service for people who have difficulty reading print. Click for further details.
- Road Safety
On Wednesday 12 June 2013 thousands of children will march for road safety from their school gates in the annual Giant Walking Bus.
- Join in the next Barnardo’s Big Toddle